Monday, September 22, 2008

World Alzheimer's Day

I was browsing my favorite blogs this morning and found a link to a great blog by Carolyn King called MY BLOG. This woman is amazing!!! It proves that just one person can make a difference. She wants us to honor those who take care of people with Alzheimer's. My Grandma had a combination of Alzheimer's and Dementia and for the last year of her life she was not to woman I knew growing up. She didn't know who people were and her personality had completely changed. It was hard to see her going through that and especially watching my Grandpa and my Mom dealing with my Grandma's Illness. Although it has been 1 1/2 years since my Grandma passed away, I wanted to thank my Mom for her unwavering dedication and kindness. So decided to sit down and make her a card today. I hope that when it is my turn to take care of her that I'll be able to as good of a job as she did for my Grandma.

Go to Carolyn's Blog to see how you can make a difference and win a HUGE Blog Candy!!! You'll be amazed at the generosity of companies and individuals who help provide her blog candy, I know I was!

No comments: