Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Prayers Needed

This morning my Grandpa called me and said that my Aunt Cula was being taken by ambulance to the hospital. She was up making bread and felt like she needed a rest. She went to lay down and a few minutes later my Grandpa went to go check on her. She was still breathing but he could not wake her up. He called 911 and the paramedics tried to wake her and couldn't. They came to the conclusion that she had a stroke. She was taken to the hospital and given numerous tests. Everything looks good, but they can't figure out what caused it to happen. Right now she is in a coma, and we're hoping she comes out of it soon. Any prayers offered in her behalf would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

does your aunt live here? Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you :)

DeeDee said...

Sorry to hear this Cula. Hang in there and prayers being said.

Megan said...

ack...sorry last post (deedee) was my moms google acct, didn't realize it needed to be changed...

Prescott family said...

We will keep her in our prayers... I should have called you - on Sunday when we came out of church she was sitting in her car with the motor running & the door open with her head on the steering wheel. We weren't sure if she was okay or not, when we got near she opened her eyes & said she didn't feel well (& that she had been dizzy). She was waiting for your grandpa to come out of church. Jamey & I offered to drive her home but she said she was fine. I hope that didn't have anything to do with what happened yesterday!! I bet your mom is just beside herself being away. Your aunt is such a sweet lady, I hope she recovers quickly & is feeling good again soon.
Andrea