Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

I just wanted to wish my Mom a early Happy 62nd Birthday!!! Her actual birthday is tomorrow on the 1st. She is such an amazing woman, and she has accomplished so much in her life. She is a friend to all who know her and the best Mom and Grandma that anyone could ever ask for!!! There is no one in this world like my Mother! Those of you who know me, know that the last year of her life has been a giant emotional roller-coaster. This time last year she was recovering from major surgery to remove her Stage 4 Colon Cancer from her Liver, only to find out that it was too far spread to remove. She was given a year to live without treatment. She decided to undergo 6 months of Chemo-therapy. She has had scan after scan and test after test and now she is in COMPLETE REMISSION!!! The radiologist had to call her Oncologist to ask if she was sure that my mom had ever even had cancer. The chances of her going into remission were 1% and she is a MIRACLE!!! So... Happy Birthday Mom!!!!

Sage wanted to make his Grandma a card so... I inked the stamps and he placed them on the card stock, and assembled the card himself! He was SO proud of himself. If my four year-old can do it anyone can!!!
Here's the card I made for her. Out of all my stamps, this is her favorite set and one of mine. It's called Live Your Dream and was in the Occasions Mini Catalog last spring, and the Paper is the retired Afternoon Tea Designer Series Paper.


No comments: