Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Robert!

In Honor of my Husband's Birthday, I thought I would share a little bit about how we met and about our relationship. He is the one thing in my life that keeps me from losing my mind. He is kind, patient and loving. He's also the best Father to our Children. He's the big 33 today! I love you honey!!!

1.Where we met - At a Mingles Dinner in Salt Lake, in May 2001

2.The first thought that went through my head when we met - Good looking, much better than my other prospects.

3.What he was wearing when we met - brown cords, white shirt, orange funky tie, and sandals

4.The first time I kissed him - In the parking lot at 12am, outside my apartment after I made him at late dinner.

5.Where we went for our first date - Our first official date was at Romano's Macaroni Grill in Midvale, Utah.

6.How we became a couple - We met in May, didn't talk again until the end of July and about 1 week after that we were together.

7.How he asked me out- He tied Balloons to my front door with a note saying he'd stop by after work.

8.How he proposed to me - We started talking about it a week after our first real date and then he asked me 3 weeks later and then again officially on September 8th, 2001 at Silver Lake in Cottonwood Canyon. We were Married in the San Diego Temple on 02/02/02. We didn't plan it that way, and didn't realize it until we were assembling to announcements and invitations.

9.Our children - 3 boys: Bryton Christopher, Hayden Andrew, Sage Landon and 1 girl: Aurora Janell Isabelle

10. The first time I realized that I liked this person - After I made him dinner that one night. I knew he was the one for me. Funny story about that. I had moved to Utah to get away from a bad relationship and felt frustrated when after being there for 4 months in SLC I hadn't met anyone yet. I told Heavenly Father that if he didn't send someone to me by the end of Summer that I was going to go back home and serve a mission for our church. I'm SO glad he sent me Robert. I would have been an awful missionary.

11.The best gift he gave me - Our Children

12.The one thing he does that gets on my nerves - not flossing his teeth in the bathroom, it makes me physically sick.

13.15 years from now I see us - Here on Bigler Hill, with Sage almost on a Mission and Aurora almost out of high school. Debt free. Still in love.

14.The most arguments are caused by - Not rinsing dishes

15.We've been together - 7 years

16.We've been Married - Yep - we’ll be having our 7 year anniversary on February 2nd, 2009.

No comments: