Monday, May 18, 2009

Some Days...

heck, some weeks are like this:

Last week was one of them. I felt so out of control and stressed out that I just wanted to give up. You know that show Nanny 911? Well.... I feel like the Mom's on that show. After a nice weekend, I now feel rejuvenated and ready to start another week. There will be many changes made to our home this week and my kids are in for some changes, that I'm not sure they'll like, but I have to have some sanity. They've had a problem with listening and I've tried everything from, sending them to their rooms, taking away toys and even raising my voice to get the point across, and nothing is working. Bedtime has even been a trial. Aurora learned how to crawl out of her crib this last week and now thinks that she can play instead of sleep. I think she's outgrown naps, as she doesn't give up until 10pm.

Mom's, here's where you come in. I need some ideas. What works in your home? How do you get your kids to listen and do something the first or even second time you say it? How do you get them to respect you? Do I ignore the couch cushions being thrown to the floor and kids bouncing off the couch and off furniture?

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Aw Cula, I'm sorry you're going through a rough time. I know what it feels like to be not listened to! I'm no expert, but I definitely don't think couch cushions being thrown to the floor is okay! Maybe take them out to the trampoline and let them jump, then when they come in put a movie on so they sit still. You've probably already tried that though. I have the same problem myself...I'll try to come up with better suggestions for you!