Thursday, February 2, 2017

Happy Anniversary, Mr. Parker!

They say that finding the love of your life is a rare thing - heck, I still have friends that are searching for theirs... but thankfully I have mine. Today my husband and I celebrate 15 years of marriage. It seems like we've been together forever but sometimes it seems like we just met, yesterday. I am still amazed at how much we have grown not only as a couple but as individuals. We have our own little family now and while things can be challenge for us, we tackle them together as one.

On February 2, 2002, Robert and I were married in La Jolla at the LDS Temple in a beautiful ceremony. Times have certainly changed since then, I remember the day like it was yesterday, surrounded by our loved ones helped to truly make it a wonderful day. Now - 15 years later we have three boys and two girls.

Dear Mr. Parker,

As we celebrate 15 years of being married today, I am reminded of the vows we took so many years ago. Our lives were simpler then, but while it's much more interesting now - it's comforting to know that the last 15 years I have grown as a woman, a wife and mother with you by my side. We have never had a dull moment and sometimes we don't get to rest as much as we would like, but the challenges we've had are a great reminder of how far we have come and a celebration of our journey together.

As I write this letter, I can't help but think where my life would be if we had made a different choice 15 years ago. Our situations would be different, our lives on various paths. It's hard to fathom but I realize that without you my life would never be the same... and it was God's plan that our paths would cross. Everything happens for a reason, and God's reason was that we were to be together.

Through all of our trials and challenges, I am always reminded of our love. You are my strength, my equal and my biggest supporter. I am who I am today and who I strive to be because of you. No matter what our future holds, I'm proud to have you by my side as we walk into the unknown and face whatever it is that comes our way - head on.

I love you for an eternity, always and forever!

Mrs. Parker

No comments: