Fifteen Things All Homeschool Mom's Will Understand
1. Kids who demand your attention before a sufficient amount of caffeinated beverages has been consumed. (In our house it's a small cup of coke and my depression and anxiety meds)
2. When someone suggests that teaching is an easy job.
3. Trying not to laugh when a student says something hilarious but completely inappropriate.
4. When your kids are giggling and you have no idea why.
5. Non-teachers and Public School Teachers telling you how you should be running your homeschool.
6. When your kids find you on Facebook or Instagram.
7. Bidding farewell to your evenings and weekends. They are spend checking your lesson plans and making sure you have everything you need for the week.
8. The first Monday after a school break.
9. When your kid asks you a difficult question that you definitely don’t know the answer to.
10. The complete loss of your privacy, and, at times, your dignity.
11. Waking up early in the morning, even on weekends and holidays. It's engrained into your brain and there is no getting rid of it.
12. Trying not to catch the flu from your kids.
13. Getting the flu and teaching that day anyway.
14. Explaining to your friends why you won’t hang out with them in the evenings. I am way too tired from doing my teacher duties on top of wifely/motherly duties.
15. Trying not to cry in front of your kids when your struggling child finally gets their head around the thing you’ve been trying to teach them all year.