Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Best Laundry Soap Ever!

I love making my own laundry soap. Lately I've found myself wanting to try a new recipe so after a few trial and error recipes I have finally found the one that I love, and the best part is you only need 2 tablespoons per load.

I found all of this in the laundry section at Walmart.

You will need:
1- 3lb box of washing soda -  $ 3.24
1- 3lb box of baking soda - $ 2.24
1- 4lb box of Borax - $ 3.97
1- 3lb tub of oxi-clean - $ 7.52
2- bars of Zote or Fels-Naptha soap - $ 1.94
2- bottles of Purex Crystals - $ 7.94

Grand total: $ 26.87 for 20 lbs of laundry soap
             
                                   

 You will need to grate the soap. I used my Kitchen Aid grating attachment. Then pour in half do everything into a 5lb bucket and mix with a large mixing spoon. Pour the rest of the ingredients in and stir again.

                                       

It should look like this when it's all mixed together

        

You can scoop some back into the Purex Crystals bottles and if you pour it to the second line on the lid it equals exactly 2 Tablespoons.

                               

 After filling these two bottles I still have half of the bucket left. This will last forever!!!

No comments: