Friday, April 19, 2013

Peace

I don't know what is wrong with this world. All we hear about on the news is acts of terror and violence. The events of this past week(Boston Marathon, MIT shooting and Manhunt) have stirred a sense of paranoia inside me.

It is times like this that I am reminded that I did make the right choice for our family by keeping the kids home with me and educating them with the safe walls of our home. I am so glad that my children are too young to understand that this world is truly becoming an evil place. Our standards are being bombarded every day with messages that just a little sin is okay.

I have so many people to thank for our opportunity to homeschool. First, Heavenly Father for giving me the strength and courage to seek out what is right for my children. Second, my Mother for supporting my dreams of homeschooling. Third, my amazing Husband for being my rock and crutch when times are tough and I feel like giving up. Fourth, TLC for providing curriculum and support to me and my children. Fifth, my amazing children and their love of learning despite the obstacles put in their way, which makes this all worth it.

No comments: