Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stuffing Cupcakes W/ Cranberry Frosting

I had these amazing Stuffing Cupcakes at my friend Marissa's house yesterday and I enjoyed them so much that on my way home from her house I stopped at the Grocery Store and picked up the ingreadients so I could make some to go with dinner today. I tweaked the recipe a little bit, because I'm a picky eater. I guarantee that like me, after eating these you'll be in the mood for Thanksgiving.
Stuffing Cupcakes
2 boxes of Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing mix
2 Eggs
1/2 C. Milk
10 Sauage Links {cooked and sliced}
1/2 C. Flour
2 C. Water
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped {optional}
1/2 White Onion, Chopped {optional}
1 Stalk of Celery, Chopped {optional}
1 Can of Turkey Gravy or homemade gravy
1 Can of Cranberry Sauce

Mix eggs and milk together and set aside. In large bowl combine stuffing mix, sausage links, flour, and the veggies if desired, then add egg and water mixture.  Scoop into greased miffun tins and bake at 350* degrees for 45 minutes. You may have to loosen them with a knife so they don't fall apart when you take them out of the pans. Yield 14.

While the cupcakes are baking heat gravy and cranberry sauce in seperate pans until thinned out. When the cupcakes are finished top them with the thinned out Cranberry Sauce{frosting} and then serve on top of a little gravy.

These were SO good! I'm not a fan of those particular veggies so I left them out. I was skeptical at first because of the cranberry sauce but oh my Goodness, they were AMAZING!

No comments: