Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Can See Clearly Now...

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)Sun-Shiny day.

I think I can make it now, the pain is gone.
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I’ve been prayin?for
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)Sun-Shiny day.

Look all around, there’s nothin?but blue skies
Look straight ahead, nothin?but blue
I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)Sun-Shiny day.

This song perfectly describes what I've been going through for the past 2 years. The light at the end of this dark tunnel I've been traveling is in sight. I've been suffering from Postpartum depression and been on and off meds since 2003.

Today I met with a fabulous doctor who can help me learn to overcome my issues. I've been put on an awesome treatment that will help me feel like the old me again, help me be a better Wife, Mother & Daughter. It will help me cope with all the new responsibilities that having a Son in Kindergarten will bring {including the PTA}.

I am excited about where this new road will take me and my Family.

1 comment:

angie and graham said...

Aw, one of my favorite songs. I'm so sorry about what you have been going through, Cula. I hope and pray that you will soon feel like your old self again. Don't worry, I had anxiety when Emerson went to kindergarten too. I think it's a very normal emotion. Now, I don't even worry, but kindergarten is a BIG step.